China Construction America
- Established in 1985, China Construction America (CCA) is a subsidiary of China State Construction Engineering Corp. Ltd. (CSCEC) — the world’s largest construction and real estate conglomerate — that operates in North America and South America.
- Headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, CCA operates mainly in New York, New Jersey, Washington, DC, South Carolina, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, California, the Caribbean and Panama. CCA provides a range of construction services, such as program management, construction management, general contracting, design-build and public-private partnership assistance for public and private clients. CCA’s practical business approach and ambitious yet prudent development strategies enable the company to deliver significant commercial, residential, educational, industrial and heavy construction projects.
- The acquisition of Plaza Construction in 2013 has enhanced CCA’s building division and put the company in a stronger competitive position in the United States. CCA, which posted revenue of more than $2 billion in 2014, is ranked as the 32nd-largest contractor and 23rd-largest construction manager in the United States.
- Leveraging its strong capital position, CCA has been actively exploring new growth areas in high-yielding, capital-intensive sectors such as real estate and project financing. By employing innovative financial schemes and creating new business models, CCA is determined to bring its investments to the next level.
- Since its inception, CCA has pursued technical and operational excellence. Years of commitment and effort have resulted in steady and accelerated growth. With a visionary leadership and a dedicated team of seasoned professionals in all aspects of its business, CCA has become a leading US construction and real estate company. Integrating its founding principles of integrity and innovation with Quality Assurance and Value Creation — the core values of its parent company — CCA is committed to creating value and expanding happiness for all.
- China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. (CSCEC) is a public company listed on Shanghai Stock Exchange in Shanghai, China. Ranked 37th among Fortune Global 500 companies in 2015 and No. 1 on the Engineering News-Record’s Global Contractors list in 2014, CSCEC is unrivaled by any other construction company in the world.
- Operating in Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa, North America and South America, CSCEC has completed thousands of projects including such breath-taking architectural construction marvels as the China Central Television Headquarters, Beijing National Aquatics Center (The Water Cube), Shanghai World Financial Center, Ping An Financial Center, Hong Kong International Airport, African Union Conference Center, Rama VIII Bridge and Palm Jumeirah Villas.
- As a reputable infrastructure construction contractor and one of the few companies certified to do major public-infrastructure projects in China, CSCEC boasts vast experience in high-speed railways, urban subways and railways, highways, bridges, airports and power plants. Multiple high-speed railways and railway stations have been delivered with superior quality, including Harbin-Dalian High-Speed Railway, Shanghai-Hangzhou High-Speed Railway, Wuhan-Shijiazhuang High-Speed Railway and Wuhan-Xiaogan High-Speed Railway.
- Through partnerships with local governments, CSCEC has undertaken $8 billion public-private projects in recent years, becoming a leading player in the field. From investment to financing and design to construction, CSCEC offers turnkey solutions to project owners to enhance and expand national and metropolitan infrastructures.
- CSCEC now operates in 40 countries and regions around the globe and employs more than 230,000 people. In 2014, CSCEC generated approximately $130 billion in revenue, a year-over-year increase of 16 percent. There is no end for CSCEC as it continues its journey toward becoming a recognized leader and world-class company. The sky is the limit!
Achievements in America
- CCA has succeeded in winning and completing projects including government housing, major hotels, high schools and universities, roads and bridges, railroads and stations. Of those completed projects, many have received certifications and awards:
- • 2015 Tien Yow Jeme Civil Engineering Prize by the China Civil Engineering Society (CCES) for the Alexander Hamilton Bridge project — the first time the award has been presented to an infrastructure project outside China;
- • 2015 Construction Achievement Project of the Year Award by the American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE) - Metropolitan Section for the MTA Fulton Center project;
- • 2015 MASterworks Best New Building Award by the Municipal Art Society of New York for the MTA Fulton Center project;